To give best possible price, please call us or place an order and we will contact you right away. 1-847-749-1098
Sound proofing is an essential part of the floor laying process. Choosing the right product from the outset is crucial, as it will save you time and money in the long run.
Vapor Bloc's Sound Solution Premium Acoustical Underlayment reduces the sound waves moving from one floor to another, helping reduce noise in your home or business. It also feels great under foot, thanks to the shock absorption and cushioning qualities of the product.
There's no need to worry about whether the underlayment will stand the test of time, as the Vapor Block barrier is designed to protect your flooring from moisture damage. You'll also benefit from knowing that your underlayment has the lowest VOC emissions out of any rival product on the market.
Two different roll lengths are available - 6 x 75 foot or 3 x 33.4 foot. In all areas that the underlayment is used, you will be taking steps to prevent the floor from bucking and sagging. This can ultimately improve the longevity of your flooring.
When you choose a laminate or hardwood floor, you also have another choice: You can save a little money with a typical underlayment now, or you can save more money in the long run-plus get better sound absorption and better durability-by choosing our Sound Solution underlayment. Here's why it's the better choice, by far:
BETTER PERFORMANCE GUARANTEED
* Superior sound absorption technology reduces in-room noise levels, helps eliminate hollow sounds and silences noisy floors
* Reduces noise transmission from one floor to another in multi-story homes and buildings
* Visco-elastic "memory foam" delivers superior shock absorption and cushion
* Virtually crush resistant and highly resilient
* Helps prevent floor sagging and buckling
* Outperforms all other underlayments in certified wear tests
* Guaranteed with the industry's best lifetime warranty
PROTECTS YOUR HOME AND YOUR FAMILY
* VaporBloc barrier protects floors from moisture and vapor damage
* Ultra-Fresh antimicrobial protection prevents growth of mold, mildew and bacteria for a healthy, odor free and hypoallergenic home
* Lets you breathe easier
* The world's only underlayment certified by GREENGUARD, t he gold standard for indoor air quality
* The lowest VOC emissions of any underlayment in the industry
* Hypoallergenic design won't aggravate asthma or allergies
* Friendlier for the environment
* Made with rapidly renewable soy-based bio materials
* Zero landfill process - all polyurethane manufacturing waste is recycled into new products
* 100% post-consumer recyclable
Frothed polyurethane - a visco-elastic "memory foam" material
Compression Set. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. 7% max.
Tensile Strength. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. 100 Ibs. / in.2
Indentation Load Deflection (25%) . . . . . . .. 32 Ibs. / ft.2
Indentation Load Deflection (65%) .... .. . 200+ Ibs. / ft.2
NBS Smoke Chamber ......................
Pill Test (DOC FF 1-70) .......................... Pass
Impact Insulation Class (ASTM E492-90) ......... 60 IIC
Sound Transmission Class (ASTM E413-87) ...... 54 STC
Water Vapor Transmission (ASTM E96) ........... 0.36
Excellent heat transfer capability. Approved for use with radiant heated floors.
R-rating (ASTM C 518) ........................... 0.46
Suitable for all installations including concrete and below grade
Ultra-Fresh® Antimicrobial prevents mold, mildew & bacterial growth throughout foam - requires no post-treatment.
6' x 75' roll (450 sq. ft.)(41.8 sq. m.) 70 Ibs.
3' x 33'4" roll (100 sq. ft.)(9.3 sq. m.) 15 Ibs. - no core
6' x 75' roll - Approx. 560 rolls per 53' trailer load.
3' X 33'4" roll - Approx. 56 pallets per 53' trailer load.
Foam side down / plastic side up. Underlayment should be loose laid.
Warranted for equal term to that of the primary floor covering warranty
Made in part with eco-friendly soybean oil, lessening dependence on petrochemicals. This reduces global warming emissions and the need for foreign oil while supporting local farmers and local producers. Applicable towards LEED Credit MR 6 Rapidly Renewable Resources
INDOOR AIR QUALITY:
CRI Green Label certified. The only carpet cushion GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® as a low emitting interior building material. Applicable towards LEED Credit EQ 4.3 Low Emitting Product.
Ultra-Fresh® Antimicrobial prevents mold, mildew and bacterial growth while controlling dust mites for life-long odor free installation.
Zero Landfill Manufacturing waste. All materials are reused in products with recycled content. Post consumer recyclable, a valued commodity as recycled foam in the manufacturing of rebond padding.
NOTE: Sold in 100 SF ( as priced ) and 450 SF Rolls ( $240 ea.)
Whether you are looking for a single item or a complete home remodel, we have the products, staff, service and convenient location to meet your needs for the price that is attainable. With long years of experience we are very proud to open our store and share that with you. We dream, live, love and create at home as well as work.